Sunday, July 14, 2019

The Public (2018) 10/10 Emilio Estevez Directed, Stars, Wrote The Script | https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3294746/

Directed Like A Play, Takes Place In Library, About Society Actually Acting Like A Society (The Milk of Human Kindness), Make Some Noise

"You know, I devoted my entire life to preserving the freedom of information that flows in and out of this institution. The public library is the last bastion of true democracy that we have in this country, and I'll be damned if I'm gonna sit here and let you thugs turn it into a battlefield."

"There is a, uh...a crime here that goes beyond denunciation. There is a...a sorrow here that weeping cannot symbolize. There is a failure here that topples all our success.

"The fertile earth, the straight tree rows, the sturdy trunks and the ripe fruit, and in the eyes of the people, there is a failure, and in the eyes of the hungry, there is a...a growing wrath.

"In the soul of the people, the grapes of wrath are filling and growing heavy... growing heavy for the vintage."


"It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" (non-spoken quote displayed on Frederick Douglass poster in library)

"Power concedes nothing without a demand." (non-spoken quote displayed on Frederick Douglass poster in library, only "Power concedes nothing" is displayed, shelf obstructs "without a demand")

"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." (non-spoken quote displayed on Henry David Thoreau poster in library)

♪ Burn the books
♪ Weaponize
♪ Burn them all
♪ Weaponize
♪ If you hate their history erase their history ♪
♪ Weaponize
♪ Remove monuments
♪ Leave no trace of their existence ♪
♪ They say we lucky just to make it out ♪
♪ I made it out now here we go again ♪
♪ I could see the sky open up
♪ While I feel the doors closing in ♪
♪ They got you livin' on a timeline ♪
♪ With your body and your mind dyin' ♪
♪ I ain't goin' out without a bang ♪
♪ I'm fittin' to weaponize Einstein ♪
♪ I have a bug in my
♪ Like what you gonna do with those thoughts? ♪
♪ Medicate? Drink? Put a gun to my brain? ♪
♪ Feel sorry for myself 'til I blow this mother ♪
♪ Black Collar
♪ Yo television go private
♪ Wi-Fi list got me on the terror no-fly list ♪
♪ 'Cause I might just like this dynamite shit ♪
♪ Boom vendettas make you fight better ♪
♪ You know the haters is the motivators ♪
♪ Okay
♪ I use my enemies for energy
♪ As we ridin' up elevators
♪ On my way to meet the Kennedys ♪
♪ The Rothschilds and the Gandhis ♪
♪ The Al Amoudis in the Middle East ♪
♪ Let's go to war for a little peace ♪
♪ We go to war for a little peace ♪
♪ I'm non-emotional I'm a soldier ♪
♪ So see the pain in my eyes
♪ We very volatile
♪ Like a Molotov firefly through the sky ♪
♪ In this country 'tis of thee ♪
♪ I see G-d in the devil's eye ♪♪

No comments:

Post a Comment