Tuesday, January 2, 2024

Leda Swansong

my little woolly mammoth
my little silver-streaked wolf
my little tapdancer
my little crystal gazer
we will cross paths again
recognition will be instantaneous
a little nose, a pearled eye, a food conscious mind
will find me again in time
I now wait
for the pain to subside

inside your fangs, mountains of heather
inside the mountains of heather, your silver-scrolled charcoal fur
inside your silver-scrolled charcoal fur, a ragged forest
inside the ragged forest, your woolly foot
inside your woolly foot, a stony world
inside the stony world, your searching tongue
inside your searching tongue, tears
inside tears, a silver-streaked obsidian cairn
inside the silver-streaked obsidian cairn, your warm rich wolf blood
inside the warm rich wolf blood, the snow wind
inside the snow wind, the wolf's searching pearl eye
inside the wolf's searching pearl eye, the Swan of Life
inside the Swan of Life, the little wolf's sharpened fangs




No comments:

Post a Comment